BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40051
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Red Sox claim Hee-Seop Choi off of Waivers " Thread

Message #2738 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
redsoxchick  
Subject:  Red Sox claim Hee-Seop Choi off of Waivers
Date:  3/24/06, 10:52pm
I like this pick-up, but I don't think this bodes well for Mike Lowell.

Lowell is a good guy, but he has been stuggling something fierce in Spring Training. By acquiring Choi, the Sox have protection if Lowell doesn't pan out. They can move Kevin Youkilis back to third and they'll have two left-handed first basemen.

Not a bad situation to be put in.

Reply to Msg #2738
Back to Topics

6391 reads

1624 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2739 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  redsoxchick
Guest10011 (IP: 69.141.76.197)  
Subject:  Re: Red Sox claim Hee-Seop Choi off of Waivers
Date:  3/25/06, 7:21am
Yeah, it was a great waiver claim by the Sox. Choi can hit and it gives them even more flexability. The Red Sox are lucky they got their stats geek GM who knows what he's doing back. As long as he's there, the Red Sox are going to have good offenses and good teams.

Reply to Msg #2739
Back to Topics

7159 reads

Message #2740 of 6634  *NEW*
Reedster  
Date:  3/25/06, 9:25am
I was really excited when the Dodgers snagged Choi. But, like the many other players who I have been excited about... and waited for the breakout that never came... I think Choi is in the same mold.

He will frustrate the Red Sox faithful... they will give him a hard time... and he won't mentally be able to deal with it, is my prediction.

Decent insurance for Lowell (because of Choi's OBP), but I think Lowell will be a pleasant surprise, notwithstanding his spring.

Reply to Msg #2740
Back to Topics

7158 reads

Message #2742 of 6634  *NEW*
drrubb  
Date:  3/25/06, 9:54am
Hey redsoxchick?

Are the Red Sox going to start Trot Nixon over Wily Mo Pena? If so, I think they are crazy! I'm telling you, Wily Mo will have a huge year if the Red Sox give him a chance to be a full time starter in the outfield. I tell you what, if I'm wrong, I'll come up to Boston, get on my knees, & kiss your ass. Boston, give this Wily Mo Pena guy a shot! He is just wasted talent on the bench.

Reply to Msg #2742
Back to Topics

7157 reads

Message #2747 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
redsoxchick  
Date:  3/25/06, 4:54pm
>He will frustrate the Red Sox faithful... they will give him a
>hard time... and he won't mentally be able to deal with it, is
>my prediction.

I'm pretty sure Choi won't see much playing time out of the gate...the Red Sox faithful aren't expecting him to be much more than a good backup and/or platoon mate. If he even starts the season in the bigs.

Reply to Msg #2747
Back to Topics

7156 reads

Message #2748 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
redsoxchick  
Date:  3/25/06, 4:57pm
They absolutely won't start Pena over Nixon. Nixon is the last franchise-guy on the team and it's his position to lose, not to try and prove he deserves. Pena will get plenty of appearances against left-handed pitchers and if, God forbid, Trot takes his yearly visit to the DL (or the suspended list..when's the first Yankees/Sox series? )

I hope you're right about Pena...I don't like the strikeouts at all...unless this guy hits a homerun every other at-bat, the Fenway Faithful will be on him much harder (and sooner) than Mr. Choi.

>Hey redsoxchick?
>
>Are the Red Sox going to start Trot Nixon over Wily Mo Pena?
>If so, I think they are crazy! I'm telling you, Wily Mo will
>have a huge year if the Red Sox give him a chance to be a full
>time starter in the outfield. I tell you what, if I'm wrong,
>I'll come up to Boston, get on my knees, & kiss your ass.
>Boston, give this Wily Mo Pena guy a shot! He is just wasted
>talent on the bench.

Reply to Msg #2748
Back to Topics

7155 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter