BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40445
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Feds may be pursuing perjury case for Bonds from the 2003 BALCO grand jury testimony regarding steroids " Thread

Message #3066 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Feds may be pursuing perjury case for Bonds from the 2003 BALCO grand jury testimony regarding steroids
Date:  4/13/06, 7:49pm
This is not surprising, considering the fact that Bonds recently filed a frivolous lawsuit against the writers of "Game of Shadows" for illegally obtaining grand jury testimony, rather than libel. With the feds on Bonds, there will most likely be a lot of pressure on Bud Selig to put an asterisk on number 756 if Ba-Bo ever gets to that point.

Reply to Msg #3066
Back to Topics

4673 reads

851 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3068 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Feds may be pursuing perjury case for Bonds from the 2003 BALCO grand jury testimony regarding steroids
Date:  4/13/06, 10:53pm
Not to play devil's advocate, but I'm starting to feel somewhat sorry for Bonds. This guy has been guilty until proven innocent. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Even if Bonds did lie to a grand jury, & even if he did take steroids, is this something he should go to jail for? I don't think it should be. Regardless of what we think about Bonds, he has not hurt anybody, murdered anybody, or raped anybody. He hasn't been accused of being a drug dealer. He hasn't robbed anybody. He hasn't done anything wrong to break any laws as of yet. I know the Grand Jury thing is a serious issue, but again, what is he being tried for? taking steroids? The only crime that Bonds has committed in my view is cheating baseball if it is proven that he took steroids.

Funny how Bud Selig & major league baseball turned a blind eye at the Mark McGwire/Sammy Sosa single season home run record during that year they were going at each other & Roger Maris' record. Who's to say McGwire & Sosa weren't taking steroids? The only reason baseball at that time did not question them about potential steroid use is because they were loved by the fans & at the time, it was "good" for baseball. I personally don't think Bonds should go to jail or be convicted of a crime just because he may have taken steroids. The only thing that should happen to Barry Bonds is puting an asterik by his name if he passes Babe Ruth & Hank Aaron if it was proven that he took steroids.

Reply to Msg #3068
Back to Topics

5326 reads

Message #3093 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Feds may be pursuing perjury case for Bonds from the 2003 BALCO grand jury testimony regarding steroids
Date:  4/15/06, 10:27am (Last Edited: 4/15/06, 10:31am)
Good points here, Dr. Rub. As reluctant as I am to admit it, I'm also starting to feel a little sorry for Bonds. He's brought much of these controversies upon himself, but the media has become relentless in their pursuit of getting Ba-Bo to say what they want to hear. Their objective is to simply sell more papers in this matter. I believe that Bonds knowingly took steroids and denied it during his testimony. There's no way that he took shots and muscle creams from his trainer Greg Anderson-- a childhood friend, by the way-- and believed them to be muscle relaxers. Common sense should tell you different. However, like the Martha Stewart situation, lying under oath to a grand jury or investigators doesn't rise to the level of a jail sentence. At least, not in this case, since the only ones hurt here are baseball and Bonds himself. I'm all for a stiff fine and if he passes Hank Aaron's record, an asterisk next to his name. Come to think of it, if Mark McGuire is found to have juiced up his body, then the same should be done with him, which would once again make Roger Maris the legitimate single season home run leader.

Reply to Msg #3093
Back to Topics

5324 reads

Message #3099 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Date:  4/15/06, 4:38pm
I totally agree with everything you said Jaydawg. As much as a lot of us may hate Barry Bonds, the media has been on him like flies on a pile of dog shit. If Bonds is proven to have taken steroids, he has committed the ultimate sin when it comes to baseball. I still do not believe he should be punished by the court of law however, &/or be sent to jail. The only crime he has committed is taken steroids if proven that he has. Therefore his only punishment should be asterik marks by his name. He will get enough punishment from the court of public opinion & the media. He'll also lose a lot of respect from the fans, coaches, & players. I also believe, like you, that he took steroids knowingly. Just look how his body changed from the years he was with the Pirates all the way to now with the Giants. Weight training alone doesn't do it that much. His forehead is bigger to.

Reply to Msg #3099
Back to Topics

5324 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter