BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39053
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "2004 Article on Delmon Young says: 'Should a movie be made of Barry Bonds' life, Young would be perfect for the part of the teenage years.' " Thread

Message #3340 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  2004 Article on Delmon Young says: 'Should a movie be made of Barry Bonds' life, Young would be perfect for the part of the teenage years.'
Date:  5/02/06, 09:13am
Another interesting quote in this article:

"He looks good and he seems mature," said McGriff, who was in his fifth pro season the year Young was born. "But this is a humbling game. One minute, you think you have it figured out. The next, it slaps you in the face and you start all over again. The important thing is how you handle yourself when you're struggling. And you will struggle. Everyone does.

"You remember, a few years ago we were all talking about Josh (Hamilton). You can't get caught up in your clippings. It can fall apart real fast."

We briefly mentioned Hamilton in the last podcast. He is out of baseball as a result of a drug problem. Could Young's anger issues knock him out of baseball?

Reply to Msg #3340
Back to Topics

3764 reads

1637 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #3358 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: 2004 Article on Delmon Young says: 'Should a movie be made of Barry Bonds' life, Young would be perfect for the part of the teenage years.'
Date:  5/3/06, 6:17am
Rob, I heard that Fred McGriff has or had his own radio show. Is that true, or do you know? I love McGriff. He was always one of my favorite players. I would love to listen to his shows. I hope one day he makes the baseball hall of fame. I think he deserves it. His career numbers were very solid & he was a embassador of the game & a class act as well. He was never a disruption to any team he played for & he was always productive up until his last 1 or 2 seasons. That's probably only because he was clean & didn't take steroids.

Reply to Msg #3358
Back to Topics

4626 reads

Message #3359 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: 2004 Article on Delmon Young says: 'Should a movie be made of Barry Bonds' life, Young would be perfect for the part of the teenage years.'
Date:  5/3/06, 6:23am
As far as Delmon Young, we may be looking at the next Milton Bradley, or Carl Everitt. He will probably be even better that these guys talent wise, but will the hot head continue to exist. We all know Milton & Carl are or atleast have been hot heads at one time or another, although I don't blame Milton Bradley for his reaction when he had that beer bottle thrown at him last season.

Reply to Msg #3359
Back to Topics

4624 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter