BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39282
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Bye-Bye Uncle Milty: Milton Bradley DFA by the A's " Thread

Message #4695 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
john.reiss  
Subject:  Bye-Bye Uncle Milty: Milton Bradley DFA by the A's
Date:  6/21/07, 1:55pm
Being an A's fan, the only thing I can say is: In Billy we trust.

Reply to Msg #4695
Back to Topics

4557 reads

847 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #4696 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  john.reiss
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Re: Bye-Bye Uncle Milty: Milton Bradley DFA by the A's
Date:  6/21/07, 2:10pm
graphic
>Being an A's fan, the only thing I can say is: In Billy we
>trust.

One of these days, Milton is going to get it together. He didn't do it for the Dodgers (and I so hoped for it)... he didn't do it for the Indians... and apparently not for the A's.

I still like his upside. I just wish he could check his attitude at the clubhouse door...

Reply to Msg #4696
Back to Topics

4154 reads

Message #4698 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
john.reiss  
Date:  6/21/07, 8:44pm
The attitude wouldn't be a problem if the guy could stay on the field. He might go down as one of the most talented position players (i.e. not Kerry Wood/Mark Prior) never to hit their full potential because of injury.

Oh, and one more thing, I really hope that Billy doesn't put the Ethier trade on his resume. Ouch...

Reply to Msg #4698
Back to Topics

5304 reads

Message #4740 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
attacksquad  
Date:  7/1/07, 6:26pm
Mind over matter. Injured or not, if he was a good character guy he would still be on an earlier team like the A's or Dodgers. I could not think of another baseball example at this moment, but Grant Hill comes to mind. Owners and GMs know and have known for years that he would always be on the IR at some point in the season and for a while. However, his character and locker room influence along with his talent have kept him around. Milton was just a cancer in the locker room when he should have been more of a team player and mentor to the younger platers.

Reply to Msg #4740
Back to Topics

5302 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter