BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39286
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Bonds is the new homerun king " Thread

Message #4831 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Bonds is the new homerun king
Date:  8/08/07, 07:11am
graphic
Well, it took long enough, but we finally got to the inevitable. I, for one, feel that Bonds is one of the best to ever play the game, and this feat is nothing short of amazing. Kudos from me, Barry.

Unfortunately, the majority of the world believes differently.

Selig, of course, wasn't there. When he was at the 755 game and he failed to clap, I felt he was the ass of all asses.

It was nice of Hank Aaron to participate (in a video) notwithstanding his stated views. He has salvaged some level of dignity in my eyes...

I suspect that Barry wants to stay around until he gets 800. It might take two more seasons as a DH. Being as the guy is getting on base 1 out of every 2 times up to bat, he still has a LOT of value.

Reply to Msg #4831
Back to Topics

2777 reads

1991 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #4832 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
john.reiss  
Subject:  Re: Bonds is the new homerun king
Date:  8/8/07, 2:22pm
I was really happy when Bonds broke the record. He deserves it. After all the negative press he has received, he finally had his moment.

Now, for the rest of us, we get two weeks of Jay Mariotti and Skip Bayless waxing philosophic about something they cannot understand: fans love the game, no matter what.

Reply to Msg #4832
Back to Topics

3559 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter