BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39050
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Joba Chamberlain makes his SP debut on Tuesday vs. Toronto, but will be limited to 65-70 pitches " Thread

Message #5296 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Joba Chamberlain makes his SP debut on Tuesday vs. Toronto, but will be limited to 65-70 pitches
Date:  6/01/08, 12:09am
It's a good move to make by the Yanks at this time with their struggling rotation. They shouldn't let that 95-100 mph fastball go to waste. All eyes will be on Hank Steinbrenner if Joba doesn't get it done on Tuesday. In that scenario, people will say how Hank put too much pressure on Chamberlain before he was ready. That said, I predict a decent outing by Joba on Tuesday.

Reply to Msg #5296
Back to Topics

3997 reads

1410 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #5321 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Re: Joba Chamberlain makes his SP debut on Tuesday vs. Toronto, but will be limited to 65-70 pitches
Date:  6/4/08, 9:53am
graphic
> It's a good move to make by the Yanks at this time with
>their struggling rotation. They shouldn't let that 95-100 mph
>fastball go to waste. All eyes will be on Hank Steinbrenner
>if Joba doesn't get it done on Tuesday. In that scenario,
>people will say how Hank put too much pressure on Chamberlain
>before he was ready. That said, I predict a decent outing by
>Joba on Tuesday.

He was pretty bad... he looked very jittery and nervous, which kind of surprised me. And, he had a LOT of problems finding the plate. I think he is destined for many quality starts this season, though, as he settles down.

Reply to Msg #5321
Back to Topics

4860 reads

Message #5323 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
Eagleye290  
Subject:  Re: Joba Chamberlain makes his SP debut on Tuesday vs. Toronto, but will be limited to 65-70 pitches
Date:  6/4/08, 1:57pm
>He was pretty bad... he looked very jittery and nervous, which
>kind of surprised me. And, he had a LOT of problems finding
>the plate. I think he is destined for many quality starts
>this season, though, as he settles down.

From what I saw and after hearing him after the game, I think it's just nerves. First major league start, team needs a win, dad in the stands, plus 55,000 cheering fans expecting perfection. He plays a very different Royals team this weekend from what they were at the start of the season. I expect a bounce back.

Reply to Msg #5323
Back to Topics

4859 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter