BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39258
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Cubs answer CC move by acquiring Rich Harden " Thread

Message #5420 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
JoeKool2322  
Subject:  Cubs answer CC move by acquiring Rich Harden
Date:  7/08/08, 5:43pm
Picking up Harden will certainly make the Cubbies the favorites to represent the National League in the fall classic. However, Harden has been more softer than Downy at times in his career. We will see what he brings to Chicago. Along with Zambrano and Dempster the Cubs can claim the best 1-2-3 punch in the NL east of Arizona.

--------------------------------------------------------
"I am a gamer."
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply to Msg #5420
Back to Topics

4036 reads

2459 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #5421 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  JoeKool2322
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Re: Cubs answer CC move by acquiring Rich Harden
Date:  7/8/08, 5:46pm
graphic
>Picking up Harden will certainly make the Cubbies the
>favorites to represent the National League in the fall
>classic. However, Harden has been more softer than Downy
>at times in his career. We will see what he brings to Chicago.
>Along with Zambrano and Dempster the Cubs can claim the best
>1-2-3 punch in the NL east of Arizona.

Funny... at the exact same time, I was entering this same link... at least I know that the function works where you can't submit the same news story twice because I got an error when I tried... here is the comment and headline I tried to put up...

Like a counter chess move, the Cubs respond to the Sabathia deal by landing Rich Harden

"This makes things really interesting.

Just how good can Sabathia be at Miller Park and Harden at Wrigley, both notorious hitter's ballparks? Will the "pitcher batting ninth" factor wash out the hitter's park effect?

We'll see as soon as tonight with C.C."

Reply to Msg #5421
Back to Topics

4923 reads

Message #5425 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
john.reiss  
Subject:  Re: Cubs answer CC move by acquiring Rich Harden
Date:  7/9/08, 6:44pm
I actually feel bad for Rich Harden. He's going to the Cubs, who don't have the best track record when it comes to young arms (please see Wood, Kerry and Prior, Mark filed under: could have been great, if they weren't with the Cubs). The key to this deal, for the Cubs anyway, will be Gaudin. He can pitch out of the bullpen and start, and do both well. According to PlayerTrack (some site this guy put up, it's okay if you like that sort of thing), Chad Gaudin is the 43rd ranked pitcher.

54.2 IP, 21 ER, 5 W, 3 L, 0 SV, 2 HOLDS, 54 H, 13 BB, 5 HR, 40 SO, 3.46 ERA, 1.23 WHIP, 6.58 K/9, .263 BABIP

Not too shabby as a throw in.

Reply to Msg #5425
Back to Topics

4919 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter