BaseballGeeks
User: Guest41977
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Bud Selig is thinking about giving the Home Run King title back to Hank Aaron " Thread

Message #6050 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Bud Selig is thinking about giving the Home Run King title back to Hank Aaron
Date:  2/14/09, 6:40pm
I'm all for this one. Hank Aaron did it with class all the way, despite receiving numerous death threats, especially when he was close to breaking Ruth's record.

Reply to Msg #6050
Back to Topics

6398 reads

1255 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #6051 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Re: Bud Selig is thinking about giving the Home Run King title back to Hank Aaron
Date:  2/14/09, 6:48pm
graphic
> I'm all for this one. Hank Aaron did it with class all
>the way, despite receiving numerous death threats, especially
>when he was close to breaking Ruth's record.

Consider the source here... Selig is trying to salvage his future rep as former commish. Think about it.

Take Arod, who just revealed that he never knew he tested positive...

Why not?

Because Selig continued his obvious policy of sweeping under the rug and had the list saved (i.e., not destroyed) so that he could then throw people under the bus.

Barry Bonds has the record. Period. Trying to rewrite history is ridiculous. Steroids did not hit Barry's homeruns. Barry did.

Reply to Msg #6051
Back to Topics

7764 reads

Message #6052 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Jaydawg  
Subject:  Re: Bud Selig is thinking about giving the Home Run King title back to Hank Aaron
Date:  2/14/09, 7:07pm (Last Edited: 2/14/09, 7:08pm)

In another classy move by Hank Aaron, he says that Bonds should keep the record. The shame of it all is that Ba-Bo would've probably ended up with the record without steroids, though it would've taken longer. The '09 season could've been his year, I think.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2009/02/aaron-says
-bond.html

Reply to Msg #6052
Back to Topics

7760 reads

Message #6054 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Jaydawg
drrubb  
Date:  2/15/09, 7:55am
Until someone comes along & breaks the "new" homerun record, it will always be questioned. You just have to take every statistic in baseball these days with a grain of salt given the apparant widespread illegal substance use. I'm just glad A-Rod will atleast have somewhat of an asterik* beside his name when he breaks the home run record. Hopefully someone will eventually surpass what A-Rod does & we can only hope it's done cleanly, unlike Bonds & A-Rod.

Reply to Msg #6054
Back to Topics

7760 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter