BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39048
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Former Cards closer Jason Isringhausen signs minor league deal with Rays " Thread

Message #6079 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Former Cards closer Jason Isringhausen signs minor league deal with Rays
Date:  2/20/09, 8:58pm
graphic
Could easily be the Ray closer... watch closely in the next month...

Reply to Msg #6079
Back to Topics

6040 reads

1478 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #6081 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Former Cards closer Jason Isringhausen signs minor league deal with Rays
Date:  2/20/09, 9:12pm
I tend to think the Rays will still have closer by committee atleast at the start of the season. Look for Percival(if healthy), Wheeler, Balfour, & Isringhausen to battle it out for the closing job. To me, any of these guys have the potential to close, But they can all be decent set up men as well.

Reply to Msg #6081
Back to Topics

2417 reads

Message #6083 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  drrubb
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Re: Former Cards closer Jason Isringhausen signs minor league deal with Rays
Date:  2/21/09, 9:13am
graphic
>I tend to think the Rays will still have closer by committee
>atleast at the start of the season. Look for Percival(if
>healthy), Wheeler, Balfour, & Isringhausen to battle it out
>for the closing job. To me, any of these guys have the
>potential to close, But they can all be decent set up men as
>well.

Any way that you slice it, that is a very solid relief corp for a team coming off a World Series. As a Ray fan, you should be very pleased.

Reply to Msg #6083
Back to Topics

6967 reads

Message #6084 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Rob Reed
drrubb  
Date:  2/21/09, 3:14pm
Yeah, it is a solid relief core that the Rays have. I just hope they can stand up to those damn Yankees & Red Sox again before the Rays have to dismantle because they won't be able to afford to keep that team around. You know it to be true. Teams like the Rays with that good young talent, but low payroll because of their small market status is eventually going to be cherry picked by teams from big markets & astronomical payrolls, like the Yankees & Red Sox. I think the Rays have a 2 or 3 year window at best because of free agency & salaries. Teams like the Yankees never have a window. It is just infinate unfortunately.

Reply to Msg #6084
Back to Topics

6965 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter