BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39414
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Had my first real draft last night... was an NL only auction that seemed to go forever... and I made an awful mistake that you can learn from " Thread

Message #6164 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Rob Reed  
Subject:  Had my first real draft last night... was an NL only auction that seemed to go forever... and I made an awful mistake that you can learn from
Date:  3/19/09, 08:45am
graphic
Bottom line is that overspending early to get stars in a single league is probably a kiss of death if you reach for more than one.

I pushed for position scarcity, and pushed way too hard by solidifying two solid catchers, but at the expense of other positions... and, that is so contrary to my normal philosophy that it shocks me when I look at the roster.

Still, experimentation is fun... but it just means I'll have to work harder with moves during the season. I much prefer a stronger draft to work with, though.

Reply to Msg #6164
Back to Topics

1976 reads

1345 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter