BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40465
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "Cincinnati Reds 2005 Preview: Same Griffey Question Mark, but what to do with Wily Mo? " Thread

Message #753 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Anonymous  
Subject:  Cincinnati Reds 2005 Preview: Same Griffey Question Mark, but what to do with Wily Mo?
Date:  3/10/05, 6:27pm

Reply to Msg #753
Back to Topics

5411 reads

1633 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #754 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Anonymous
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Cincinnati Reds 2005 Preview: Same Griffey Question Mark, but what to do with Wily Mo?
Date:  3/10/05, 2:20pm
I really think that the Reds should trade Wily Mo or Ryan Freel for a solid starter.When Paul Wilson is your pitching ace, you really have to find somebody else.It seems ridiculous to me that guys like Wily Mo, Austin Kearns, and Ryan Freel have to fight for a starting position spot when they would all be welcome starters on just about any other team.

Reply to Msg #754
Back to Topics

6088 reads

Message #805 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Cincinnati Reds 2005 Preview: Same Griffey Question Mark, but what to do with Wily Mo?
Date:  3/15/05, 9:50pm
>I really think that the Reds should trade Wily Mo or Ryan
>Freel for a solid starter.
>
>When Paul Wilson is your pitching ace, you really have to find
>somebody else.
>
>It seems ridiculous to me that guys like Wily Mo, Austin
>Kearns, and Ryan Freel have to fight for a starting position
>spot when they would all be welcome starters on just about any
>other team.

Just have to toot my own horn (or did I start the rumor?): This, from sportsline.com's rumor mill:

With Austin Kearns hitting up a storm and clearly moving ahead in the battle for Cincinnati's right field job, there are rumblings that the Reds might deal away Wily Mo Pena to get a starting pitcher, reports the Dayton Daily News.

Damn, I'm good.

Reply to Msg #805
Back to Topics

6087 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

Diary of A Baseball Geek

Message #822 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
The Toaster  
Date:  3/16/05, 5:53pm
A couple problems with this theory: the probability of Griffey or Kearns getting hurt during the season is pretty much 100%. They need Wily Mo around to plug in when one of them get hurt. And I love the way Ryan Freel plays, but I think he played over his head last year and doesn't have nearly the upside of Pena. Also Pena is only 24 and is only going to get better.I agree that the pitching staff sucks - Wilson was probably a fluke last year - but who could they really get for Pena right now anyway?

Reply to Msg #822
Back to Topics

6081 reads

Message #824 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  The Toaster
drrubb  
Date:  3/16/05, 9:23pm
I agree! Wily Mo Pena should be starting in that Reds outfield. He is only going to get better & he would be a waste on the bench. He has a lot of upside right now.

Reply to Msg #824
Back to Topics

6081 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter