BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40610
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Fantasy Baseball : Reading "TIG 5: If you can't hit homeruns, hit the pitcher" Thread

Message #227 of 405  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  TIG 5: If you can't hit homeruns, hit the pitcher
Date:  5/3/06, 3:47pm

***IF KENDALL CAN'T HIT 'EM OUT, AT LEAST HE CAN HIT THE PITCHER***

Lackey had some choice words for Jason Kendall when Kendall wouldn't get out of the way of a pitch inside. The ball didn't hit Kendall, but I suspect Kendall said something to Kendall like: "Get out of the f*****g way, you [another word for a cat]!"

Kendall charges the mound, and both Kendall and Lackey get kicked out.

Interesting irony: Kendall did the same thing with current teammate Joe Kennedy, when Kennedy was with Colorado and Kendall was with Pittsburgh. Said Kennedy: "I threw a 1-2 fastball over the plate, and he leaned over and got hit by it. I told him, `Next time get out of the way,' and he came at me." (hat tip ESPN).

***BONDS IS TWO AWAY FROM THE BABE***

My prediction: May 10th, he will hit #715. The air is getting warmer, and so is Barry's bat. Expect more of the same. Warm air means farther hit balls and less pain to his knee.

***WILKERSON: STILL A SLEEPER***

Gregg and I have touted Texas Ranger Brad Wilkerson as a sleeper this year. I am putting more emphasis on that now. He hit one out yesterday, and I think he will hit a lot out in the coming months, as we get into the hotter Spring and hot summer.

I am sure that many fantasy baseball owners have given up on Wilkerson. Take advantage, before he heats up.

Two years ago, Wilkerson was a HR hitting stud. Last year, in Washington, he was pretty bad in that category. Hitting in the Band Box in Arlington, I still say that you can expect near 30 HRs this year.

***SPLISH SPLASH, I WAS TAKING SABATHIA***

I decided to go with Sabathia this week in fantasy, in hopes that he would get two starts. I failed to notice that he was going to go against White Sox ace Mark Buerhle.

So, as you can imagine, I was pleased to watch Buerhle implode.

With the Indian line-up, expect some big things from C.C. as the season progresses. His curve ball looks absolutely stunning, even if he is bigger than my house.

***IT IS POSSIBLE TO KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT BASEBALL***

An interesting thing happened to me today. I have been so inundated with all things baseball and looking at the smaller intricacies of the game, that I am missing the forest from the trees. It is affecting my own fantasy teams in a bad way.

Just yesterday, I had a fellow fantasy league owner say to me: "With Roberts on the DL..." (I zoned out on the rest).

"What do you mean? BRIAN Roberts on the DL?" My office mate nodded. Oh, ****.

I had no clue, and I did not replace Roberts (out since Saturday) on my money league team until yesterday, effective today. Brandon Phillips was available on the free agent list. While I have not been high on him in our podcast, I decided to try and ride the hot hand until the Phillips meltdown (I am secretly hoping that I am wrong about the meltdown, of course).

On my money league team, I have lost C.C. Sabathia (back now... yay), Derrek Lee, Gary Sheffield, and now Brian Roberts. This has the potential to be a very long season for this defending Champ.

***JOHAN SANTANA IS BACK TO FORM***

Santana looked amazing yesterday, striking out 9 in 7 IP. Fantasy owners: expect this for the rest of the season. Hopefully, for Twins fans, this will help team morale and get slumping Justin Morneau, Rondell White, and Torii Hunter back on track for some good stats the rest of the way.

What has me scratching my head is that Joe Nathan (who I kept in my money league) just isn't getting save opps. Expect that to change, so if you own him, stick with him (I am).

***ON THE OTHER HAND, SHEETS PITCHES LIKE SOMETHING THAT SOUNDS SIMILAR TO SHEET***

Sheets got bombed. This might be a good buy low opportunity if he happens to be on a fantasy team in your league that is struggling. Fortunately, I don't have himon my injury plagued team. If I did, I would probably be willing to give up Sheets for cheap out of sheer frustration.

Stick with Sheets.

Reply to Msg #227
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

4027 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

Diary of A Baseball Geek

Message #228 of 405  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
MizzouAstro  
Subject:  Re: TIG 5: If you can't hit homeruns, hit the pitcher
Date:  5/3/06, 8:03pm
I have Kendall on my fantasy team. He hadn't been doing anything so benched him this week for Paul Lo Duca. Lucky for me, haha.

Reply to Msg #228
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

4858 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter