BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40086
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Fantasy Baseball : Reading "Beat me up for my trade" Thread

Message #233 of 405  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  Beat me up for my trade
Date:  5/4/06, 9:49pm
Today, I made a desperate move.

I'm third in OBP. I'm first in SBs by 15. I'm first in offense as of today.

I am last in pitching.

I trade Bobby Abreu and Joe Borowski for Roy Halladay and Lew Ford. Lew Ford is a waste pick. I have a ton of SBs with Felipe Lopez, Brandon Phillips/Brian Roberts, and Jose Reyes.

I know Halladay had a rough outing against the Bosox at Fenway, but he had a good outing against them, too... and he had a good outing against the Yank offense earlier, so I think he is back to regular form.

He just has to stay healthy, and hopefully, he will singlehandedly bring me up in the pitching categories.

Thoughts?

Did I make a mistake?

Reply to Msg #233
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

4018 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

Diary of A Baseball Geek

Message #234 of 405  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
sambruin98  
Subject:  Re: Beat me up for my trade
Date:  5/5/06, 11:23am
Hey Robbie,

Didn't think you were gonna pull the trigger so quickly. We were willing to start up talks with you. I think you probably could've gotten more, if only for the fact that this trade, for all intents and purposes, is Abreu for Halladay. That being said, you did have to make a move for pitching since your offense was already lights out and you could afford to trim a little extra there. Almost worked for me in my other league last year when I traded my extra pitching for Arod and had the lead with 2 days to go. Good luck to you.

Reply to Msg #234
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

5206 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter