BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40637
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Headlines : Reading "BaseballGeeks PodCast #10 (link goes to direct download)" Thread

Message #2530 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  BaseballGeeks PodCast #10 (link goes to direct download)
Date:  3/11/06, 8:00pm
This week's show: Puckett, Bonds, Spring Training Standouts, NL West Predictions, PlayerTrack.com Top 10 DH, False Rumors

Reply to Msg #2530
Back to Topics

6323 reads

755 clickthrough(s)

You cannot start a topic in the Headlines or Classifieds area... if you want to post a new message, try one of our other message areas!

Message #2531 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: BaseballGeeks PodCast #10 (link goes to direct download)
Date:  3/12/06, 1:31am
Wonderful show again guys! I've been inspired to name my son Prince now(assuming I ever have a son). Gregg, that allergenic voice actually sounds pretty damn cool! One guy I think you guys might have overlooked & did not mention in the DH talk was D'Mitri Young. I think if the "meat hook" can stay healthy, he is still one of the top 5 or 6 DH's in baseball. He can still rake. If he has the full time DH spot for the Tigers this season & stays healthy all season long, he will have a solid year. I know he strikes out a lot, but I predict .280, 20-25 HR's, perhaps 80 or 90 plus RBIs(again,if he stays healthy & is the full time DH for Detroit).

Reply to Msg #2531
Back to Topics

7492 reads

Message #2533 of 6634  *NEW*
JCacho  
Date:  3/12/06, 8:37am
Good podcast, but I have to point out I was a little offended that you assumed the fan holding the Down with Fidel sign was a Puerto Rican, when in fact it was a Cuban, "Angel Iglesias, vice president of Cuba's National Institute of Sports", to be more precise. Here is a link to the article describing the incident:

http://www.examiner.com/World-a43873~Anti_Castro_Si
gn_Stirs_Baseball_Classic.html

Reply to Msg #2533
Back to Topics

7488 reads

Message #2534 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  JCacho
JCacho  
Date:  3/12/06, 8:59am
Here are some pictures of the incident.

Reply to Msg #2534
Back to Topics

7485 reads

Message #2537 of 6634  *NEW*
To:  JCacho
Reedster  
Date:  3/12/06, 11:33am (Last Edited: 3/12/06, 11:33am)
>Good podcast, but I have to point out I was a little offended
>that you assumed the fan holding the Down with Fidel sign was
>a Puerto Rican, when in fact it was a Cuban, "Angel Iglesias,
>vice president of Cuba's National Institute of Sports", to be
>more precise. Here is a link to the article describing the
>incident:
>
>http://www.examiner.com/World-a43873~Anti_Castro_Si
gn_Stirs_Baseball_Classic.html

>

Thanks for the photos, and my apologies for offending you. It certainly was not my intention.

Here are the names of those involved:

The Cubans were upset that the sign held by Enrique Rubio and then by Jose Garcia Pino, two Cuban-American fans, could be seen behind the plate in the international television feed being received in Cuba.

I should have said two Cuban-Americans held the sign.

Reply to Msg #2537
Back to Topics

7487 reads

Message #2538 of 6634  *NEW*
Jaydawg  
Date:  3/12/06, 12:08pm
Even with a sleepless Reedster and an alergenic FamilyMan, you guys can still pull off an amazing BGP. You not only talked about well known topics of the week (Bonds & Steroids, WBC Highlights), but also brought up other facts not well publicized (Anti-Fidel banner, Krispy Kreme Bacon Burgers in the minor leagues). Interesting analysis on playertrack.com's Top 10 Designated Hitter and I think it's pretty much on the money. But, there's so many hard hitting DH's in the A.L., so it's natural that a few would be left out, like D'Mitri Young, as Dr. Rub stated. However, I don't put much stock in that position. The DH position has been bad for baseball, mainly from the strategy standpoint, and is one reason why pitching isn't the same top-notch quality that it was 30-40 years ago. The "Abajo Fidel"--Down With Fidel-- sign is no big deal. Angel Iglesias just needed a little schooling in a concept called free speech.

Reply to Msg #2538
Back to Topics

7485 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter