BaseballGeeks
User: Guest39298
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Fantasy Baseball : Reading "Sexson " Thread

Message #279 of 405  *NEW*
To:  All
reyes4mvp  
Subject:  Sexson
Date:  4/29/07, 5:03pm
Richie Sexson is on my fantasy team and he is killing me. Do you expect him to continue to hit bad or will he get back to the great power hitter he once was.

Reply to Msg #279
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

213 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

The Knuckle Ball

Message #281 of 405  *NEW*
To:  reyes4mvp
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Sexson
Date:  4/30/07, 8:54am
>Richie Sexson is on my fantasy team and he is killing me. Do
>you expect him to continue to hit bad or will he get back to
>the great power hitter he once was.

This is what you get from Sexson. Just look at last year... he was REALLY in the doldrums in the first half of the season and his power wasn't there... but it eventually arrived.

His BA last year was about what you should expect (memory serves, it was somewhere around .264)... expect 30+ HRs when all is said and done with somewhere around a .220-.260 BA when all is said and done (he is a .267 career hitter, but this is largely due to having played a number of years in Miller Park).

I don't like to have Sexson on my team because he is a BA killer. I would bench him and start playing him when you notice a heat up (because that means his power is back)... play him for a few weeks as he continues to heat up and sell high.

Selling him now and you won't get good value for the power that he will provide the team you trade with.

On that note, to non-Sexson owners, if you have great BA in other categories, this is a good time to buy low on Sexson and reserve him until he heats up.

Reply to Msg #281
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

13719 reads

The Knuckle Ball

Message #282 of 405  *NEW*
Robert Jones  
Subject:  Having Sexson Can Be Enjoyable
Date:  4/30/07, 4:48pm (Last Edited: 5/2/07, 1:19pm)
Personally I enjoy having Sexson. You are pretty safe this year but you have to be very careful not pick up Zach Minor because in most leagues it is illegal to have Sexson with a Minor.

I had a friend once who really liked having Sexson. His motto was, "Go after Uggla early". It must of worked because he was always getting Sexson. If you wind up Having Sexson with say an Utley or an Uggla it might be best to keep the lights low.....but it is still enjoyable but sometimes it is just Sosa....just keep the shades pulled and the game on tv and if all else fails dream of Tracy, just don't tell anyone you are doing that.

If you are having trouble getting Sexson and you can pump up (Damion) Easley then you might get Sexson for a song. It is generally fairly easy to trade Valentin for Sexson....that trade works more often than it doesn't.....and sometimes you can get Sexson for say a Schilling but that is always kind of risky and I wouldn't recommend it. In the old days you could combine Street, Walker and perhaps a Schilling and you could almost be assured of getting Sexson....but again that is not recommended. Many people give Hart for Sexson and that works for some but others tend to get burned in that deal.

Whenever I get Sexson I always do everything I can to get Mora but the worst thing about having Sexson is when you get Dunn and if you have Sexson and get Dunn too early, well, that could cause problems but at least you get to see more of the game. I have Nomar to say about that. Hope this helps.

Just remember, you can't have your Markakis and (Adam) Eaton too.

Reply to Msg #282
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

13717 reads

The Knuckle Ball

Message #283 of 405  *NEW*
Robert Jones  
Date:  4/30/07, 9:54pm
I know that sometimes if you have Sexson during your draft some of your leaguemates get annoyed and start chanting for you to get Offerman.

Reply to Msg #283
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

13713 reads

Message #284 of 405  *NEW*
To:  Robert Jones
Reedster  
Subject:  Re: Having Sexson Can Be Enjoyable
Date:  5/1/07, 12:55am
This is AWESOME and deserves getting read on the podcast this coming week.

Reply to Msg #284
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

13711 reads

Message #285 of 405  *NEW*
To:  Robert Jones
drrubb  
Subject:  Re: Having Sexson Can Be Enjoyable
Date:  5/1/07, 6:22am
Robert, you have written some awesome posts in the past. This one is the most brilliant & funniest one you have ever posted in my opinion. AWESOME!!!

Reply to Msg #285
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

13709 reads

Message #289 of 405  *NEW*
Robert Jones  
Subject:  Getting Dunn
Date:  5/2/07, 1:15pm (Last Edited: 5/2/07, 1:17pm)
The way I see it, if you have ARod and you have Sexson, the worst that can happen is that you get Dunn too early. Getting Dunn like that might hurt your average but at least you get to have Sexson and having ARod gives you the power to compensate for the loss of average when you got Dunn.

When you get Dunn early like that you might hurt the feelings of someone else who was counting on getting Dunn. Such is life, they will just have to deal with it. At least you get the satisfaction of knowing that you got Dunn

Reply to Msg #289
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

13707 reads

The Knuckle Ball

Message #290 of 405  *NEW*
To:  All
Robert Jones  
Date:  5/2/07, 9:46pm
I think I am about Dunn now. I hope this thread has not become too suggestive for any of the readers. Sometimes things just hit me to write about and perhaps sometimes the thoughts have a little PG or perhaps PG 13 ratings.

Reply to Msg #290
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

13707 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter